Friday, March 12, 2010

Toy story

Just finished listening to Donald Trump on Joe Scarborough's morning show on MSNBC. He said something that clicked with me. Talking about how China makes stuff we should/could be making ourselves. Then he said, "We can make our own toys." Bingo. That's my new cause. Easier than environment or domestic violence for sure.

So. When I win the lottery, I will put my money in a manufacturing plant. It will make uni sex toys. I will have to come up with a clever name that does not include the word sex. Move over Mattel. (They have a big distribution center in Fort Worth somewhere. Their toys come from China.)

This would be the company roster:

Board of directors: Me, all family members

CEO: Me, because it was my idea.

VP Research and Development: Jack. He would be the person to oversee toy inventions, how they work, and predict future trends, etc.

VP Marketing: Michael (have you seen his audition video? Someone post that please). Jenny too. These two so bring out the best in each other, which would benefit the company.

VP Legal: John, of course. Find the loopholes and hide the ... no, we won't be that kind of company. John would make sure we stay ethical and give back to the community.

VP Human Resources: Andrea. Dealing with soccer parents has given her the experience to handle any kind of personnel development. Any.

VP Product Testing: All the grandchildren and Paulie. Isn't that a beautiful thought?

Until I win the lottery, I will continue to dream of the day little boys everywhere can ask for an Easy Bake Oven (made in USA) without fear, and little girls get to play with something besides dolls.

1 comment:

JohnStick said...

I always tell people how you used to tell the fast food drive through employees that your son wanted the girls' toy, just to prove your point.