Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I love Thai food

I had Thai food for the first time yesterday. LOVED it. I had stupidly avoided it because of the curry thing. I don't really care for a lot of curry. What I learned yesterday is that curry done well, and mixed with other lovely and tasty spices is good. Really good. I didn't find my courage yesterday as much as I am part of a small group from my agency reviewing restaurants in our Fort Worth neighborhood. I had to go along. It's part of our mission. We have to be brave enough to walk through some scary doors. Not all restaurants are created equal, especially the little ones attached to a store or gas station. But we are committed. Last week it was a tiny Mexican restaurant, this week Thai. I think yesterday I may have permanently stained my white shirt. As my John pointed out: It was worth it.

1 comment:

JohnStick said...

Thai food is divine! Also, since you are getting over your fear of delicious food (curry), you need to try Indian food. It is amazing. Here is what I like to get when I go: Saag Paneer, which is with cheese (or tofu is good). It is just amazing.