Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do you believe in miracles?

Do you believe in miracles? That's the line made famous when the U.S. hockey team beat the Russians in 1980. It was repeated when U.S. hockey team beat Canada a couple of weeks ago during the Olympic Games. I used it today and it wasn't about hockey.

Paul is reading a book. A fiction book. His first since ... well, ever maybe. For sure since we've been married. He says he's enjoying it. Right now he's in South Carolina; earlier this week he was in Mexico. He ASKED me for something to read because he knew he'd have all this down time at airports and on planes. I chose Hoot by Carl Hiaasen. His books are set in south Florida, one of Paulie's favorite places on earth. He's read EIGHT chapters already. I am so proud of him. Truly.

I do believe in miracles!!

3 comments:

andi said...

your funny!

Anonymous said...

chapter 15 now,,,It is a festivus miracle!!!!

JohnStick said...

Dad's reading?! That is my book, though. He should read Harry Potter. He could finish those in no time.