Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fantasy Ramblings

I am wrapping up my second year of Fantasy Football. It's been a good year. I lead my division, barely. I expect to lose this week, UNLESS Jay Cutler somehow pulls through. I should have kept Slaton in, but ... Those are the thoughts that occupy my brain. Why is Fantasy Football so addicting? Why do we care? One thing: I have more to talk about football wise. Especially with Michael who has two Fantasy teams. Jenny has one team too, but she leaves her lineup to Michael. Doesn't count. Also, having the Bears quarterback (Cutler) and the Bear's leading widereceiver Hestler has made following the Bears more exciting. We had such high hopes. Still have hope, just not as high. I had one Cowboy this year, but just dropped him: Choice. He's got a good back story, but as long as MB is playing, Choice won't be getting carries.

Speaking of football, the Arlington High School team continues to advance in post season. Now they face a nationally ranked team - Trinity HS. OK, so yesterday's game came down to a field goal with seconds left, AHS 1 point behind. The kicker, a soccer player, had been late to the game. He had been in Austin playing soccer (real football)and was at home when coach called to ask where he was. (I bet the coach didn't phrase it that nicely). So, apparently, during practice he couldn't kick a ball through the goal to save his life. What a great story: he came through at the end BIG time. Andrea and Jack and Addison were there.

Andrea, Jack and Addison attended another sporting event: Black Friday. Walmart. That takes guts. They were acosted more than once about bringing a baby. What? I wish I had been there. I would have ... !!#%&!**! People.

Mary

No comments: