Tuesday, November 24, 2009

24 hours and counting...

It's been 24 hours since I last saw my cell phone. The thing I miss most is, well besides all the phone numbers (boy am I screwed if I don't find it), but I miss my wallpaper. The sweet reminder of a perfect angel each time I flip open the phone. There she is, my lovely granddaughter. Flailing in her sleep. Her little hand, abnormally large with long fingers, waving (sort of) in her sleep. Makes me laugh. I miss that picture.

I wonder how long I can go without a cell? I could borrow Paul's... naw. What do I really need one for? Texting so I don't actually have to talk to people. I mostly use cell for keeping in touch with family (mostly by text), emergency, communicating with co-workers (I am about to have 5 days off). So. I would be out of the loop for awhile, texting wise. I really, really think I could live with that. It would be more inconvenient for others, I think. But there ARE other ways to communicate.

Last night I needed to text Liz but used my email and that worked. Yesterday I used my land line at work to call Andrea. That worked too. I also emailed John last night and he has responded. hmmmm. I have emailed Jenny but she hasn't responded yet. She is not attached to her phone like the rest of us...

That's it. I am going to see how long I can go without a cell, specifically, without texting. I am not against it, don't get me wrong. Just up for a new challenge, change things around, mix it up...

Gotta go now. Back to my edgy endodontist (see previous post) this morning for the crown.

Happy Tuesday!!

P.S. My bad. I guess endodontists don't do crowns. She cleaned and filled the tooth. I can't feel the right side of my face. Now to Doc Ivey's this afternoon for finishing work.

No comments: