Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 5



VERY easy day. Ate out twice. May have violated rules at lunch. I ordered a torta (sandwich) at Rancherita's in Fort Worth. No meat. It did have a layer of refried beans which very likely were made with lard, as in pig fat. I ate a full half, then opened the bun on the other half and picked around the beans. For dinner I picked up something from Spiril Diner, a 100 percent vegan restaurant.

The best part of day 5 was playing with Addison and watching her play with Paul. Holy cow. She is the best medicine. She draws the grump right out of you (if you means Paul). She has Paul totally enchanted. The photo above is Addie and Paul. I nag him while he's holding her. "Don't let her head hit..." He gives me the look. I give it back. Then he tells Addison that grandma smells or something like that, and she laughs.

Addison started crawling last week. Slowly, barely moving. But also deliberate in her efforts. On all fours, she put one hand forward, long pause, then move a knee, pause again. Last night, she is officially crawling, still slow, but the movement is less cautious. It's as if she doesn't have to really think about it as much. Her brain has registered the task. I give her two weeks to be off and crawling everywhere. She's still tiny: 15 pounds at 6 months. We are told that is tiny.

Tiny but tuff, just like her mom.


No comments: