Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 2

Yesterday I started a 21-day vegan regimen. Meaning, I will eat vegan for 21 days. I was watching PBS and they had Dr. Neal Barnard and his books as gifts for donating so much to public television. Or as Paul said, an infomercial. The diet really targets diabetes. Still, it makes sense for me too.

This comes on the heels of my Friday appointment with Petal. She cuts and colors my hair. She has gone out on her own and in her new salon she has installed a FULL-LENGTH mirror. Not my best angle. In fact, I try to avoid mirrors.

So the next morning here's Dr. Barnard and his book. I do some additional research (Amazon reviews) and it appears the guy is legit. He is not one of those crack pots who predicts the end of the world AND your colon if you don't buy his stuff. I don't really need to buy his stuff because I buy his premise. And I already donate to KERA monthly for the last 15 years.

So today is Day 2. I know that probably all my family members doubt that I will succeed. I give them that. Look at me. I've tried and failed every past attempt. All I ask is that I get Paul's support and I will not push this on him or anyone else. Keep opinions to myself? Can I really do that?

We'll see. (I won't get my hopes up. Wink.)

1 comment:

JohnStick said...

I think you SHOULD push your beliefs on others. It will make it really hard to quit because you will not only want to succeed in your venture, but you will also not want to look like you have egg-substitute on your face. So I say shove your veganism in everyone's face and tell them they are fools for not being vegan. It'll make returning to an unvegan lifestyle much harder. You're welcome.
also, go to this website for video recipes: chooseveg.com