Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Infuse gotta go

I got an android (droid) on Sunday.  My contract was up so I was up for a new phone.  Braden, our sales clerk at the kiosk in Costco, talked me into a Samsung Infuse.  He didn't have to do much talking really.  I took the bait pretty easy.  Not to say he was invested in any way regarding the phone I bought.  Anyway, it's too big.  4.5  screen.  More than an inch larger, which doesn't seem like much, but trust me, it is.  That's the first reason I'm taking it back.

Second reason: It's too confusing.  For me.  I just found a call I missed - by accident.  Found the call by accident, missed it because the phone is confusing for me to understand where everything is.  I know there is a learning curve, but it seems to be unnecessarily difficult.  Others online have made similar comments.  So it's not just me.

Third, I can't figure out how to tell the phone not to make that cute sound EVERY time I get an email.  I haven't slept in two days.  Last night at 2 a.m. I finally figured out why I have been waking up.  I heard the damn thing.  It's like an alarm.  3 a.m. the night before.  Last night I got up and put the phone in the bathroom, covered it with a towel.  I finally fell back to sleep.
So. Now the question is: do I go to an I Phone?  Or back to a regular phone, 3 mgpixel on camera, yada, yada.  Wow.  I don't want to have to know that much about my phone.  I'm starting to miss rotary dial.

No comments: