Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm back!!

My last blog post was in July.  I thought I had stopped blogging, but it turns out I just got consumed by life.  Here are the bullet points:
  • Left the Women's Center after a 15-year association.  First as a volunteer - for 7 years almost - then on paid staff since 2002.   It was emotionally traumatic.  I hurt my beloved boss.  I lost ongoing collegial relationships.  I ended a part of my life I truly loved.
  • Started a new job at a homeless shelter as transitional housing coordinator.  Love the work.  Admire most of my colleagues.  Learning a new job is exhausting.
  • Record summer heat.  We broke heat records.  OK?????
  • Last, but MOST important, was the arrival August 24th of Finley Lew Scott.  I took on the job of running  interference with big sister Addie.  I can honestly say Addie appears now to be on board with the idea of an expanded family.
Whew.  I missed you, blog.  

No comments: