Friday, December 4, 2009

Me and my red Challenger...





I keep singing/humming the old Prince song Me and my Red Corvette. Paulie got a gorgeous red 2010 SE Challenger, part of the retro line introduced last year. There haven't been Challengers since the 70s. So Paul calls me from the dealership and says he has heart palpitations. I had to talk him through. Breathe, I texted him. You can do this.

Paul has been drooling over this car since they first came out last year. He has test drove it multiple times at different dealerships. Each time talking himself out of it because it's impractical and it won't tow the RV. No more excuses. My Liberty can technically tow the Manny AND he got such a good trade-in for the Jeep AND he got a super interest rate (3.9) AND car sticker prices and interest rates are going up next year... if it was going to happen, now was time. We didn't figure on red. We were leaning toward white or black. Surprises are good AND cool.

So the joke now is we've decided to start shopping for groceries at Albertsons - in Weatherford.

Mary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Jenny Cole said...

I am speachless!!

Unknown said...

please explain the relevance of weatherford....

Unknown said...

Weatherford Liz because he needs to find reasons to drive his car and Weatherford is far away...