Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My granddaughter thinks I'm funny



Addison is 10 weeks old. For several weeks now I have been doing all I can to make her smile. She really likes when I say boo boo over and over. You know, get up close and get her attention. Then I stick my tongue out and do that raspberry sound. She likes that too. The combination always gets her. After a feeding, it takes nothing to get her to show her smile.

So last night we were at a restaurant for my birthday dinner in a giant booth. After dinner, Andrea and I were playing with Addison and I started the usual boo boo and she beamed. You could see her recognition. So I do it again. And again. And that made me and Andrea laugh. And then it happened. Addison laughed. At first is was did you hear that? Then, it was a bonafide, no mistakable baby laugh. It was so cute and funny. Both Andrea and I were laughing, which made Addison laugh, which made us laugh harder, which made Addison respond again, which made us laugh... my gut actually hurt.

Addison thinks I'm funny. I think she's funny. Her laugh, I must say, was the most precious birthday gift I've ever received.

Mary

P.S. The second most precious gift came yesterday too. Jenny's kindergarten class called me and sang Happy Birthday! How adorable is that? Too much. I am so lucky.

2 comments:

Jenny Cole said...

Ah! Cant wait to hear that little laugh how wonderful!!

sword42 said...

Hi Paul and Mary
I have just sent a reply to your redbubble email Paul.I have also been browsing through your posts here on Blogger.The photo of your grandaughter is lovely.
Hope you all have a wonderful xmas holiday.2 days off is not enough.
kind regards Peter