Sunday, December 4, 2011

Paul's treat-ments

Mika has put on some pounds in the last several months.  Noticeably.  So, a neighbor comments on our "fat" dog and Paul corrects him, completely sincere, by saying she's not fat, she's "fluffy." 

But now we have confirmation that she is indeed fat AND fluffy.  The vet recently weighed her and turns out she has gained 11 pounds in 1 year.  That's a lot for a dog. 

So, how did this happen?  Paul.  He gives her a treat for everything.  She goes outside and comes back inside.  Treat.  She takes a nap and wakes up.  Treat.  She catches a tennis ball or Frisbee.  Treat.  Goes for a walk.  Treat.  You get the idea.  That's how Mika has gotten fluffy fat.

I, too, have been "treated" similarly. Paul loads the house with ice cream, cookies, candy, etc.  I stopped standing on a scale years ago, but could definitely believe I, too, have gained 11 pounds on top of too many pounds already.  I get that I am responsible for succumbing to the temptation.  Mika can't really say no.  But I can. Sigh.





1 comment:

paul said...

Mika doesnt have to eat the treats. She could bury them like Baxter does. Blaming the Treator instead of the Treatee!