Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lucky me

My computer's motherboard is sick, it has been for some time now. I couldn't cut and paste something to Jenny via email yesterday. In December, it crashed. I couldn't do anything with it. Nothing. Then, miraculously, it revived itself. Someone turned it on for the 20th time and there it was. So I was investigating those little netbooks yesterday, worried that my motherboard was on its last leg. Found one at Best Buy for $300. Did NOT want to spend money. Paul and I have agreed that we are going to stick to a budget and aggressively pay down debt. He has been shopping at Kroger instead of Costco for his part. For my part, I have stopped buying new clothes. So didn't really want to spend the money, but ...

So Paul comes with to Best Buy and we end up coming home with pretty much the same computer I have been using for 6 plus years: my third Toshiba, updated of course and clean and fast and beautiful. I love my new computer. Oh, and about the netbooks, they are way too small. We ended up paying twice what a netbook would have cost. I am very lucky.

Gotta go. Paul is back from washing his car. I promised him we could go to Costco this morning.

No comments: