Monday, August 8, 2016

Dental correctness

I have to leave in about 30 minutes for a root canal followed by a fitting for a crown. Been there done that many times before. Still, it's not something high on my can't wait to do list.

First, I am having to pay over 2 grand for the root canal and crown. Odd that I don't mind the crown work as much as the rooting. The rooting does cost twice as much.

Maybe if we tweaked the wording it would make it more acceptable. Crown is a nice, strong word. Who doesn't want a crown? Positive connotation.

But root canal. Really? That is about as negative a connotation as it gets. How about nerve recovery? Not specific enough. Get your bite back procedure? Too wordy. Tooth restoration? We boomers seem to be fond of the word restoration. I know I am. If anything on my person can be restored, count me in.

Ok, so now I have to go because I am having tooth restoration procedure this morning. 

I feel better already.

No comments: