Thursday, August 11, 2016

Day One

Day one. Beginning something can be exciting. Wiping the slate clean. Forward ho!

It also signals a long road ahead. Hard work. Change.

Today is day one of my latest attempt to get healthy. It really started yesterday with a visit to a new doctor to talk about weight management. It's his specialty and he had come highly recommended.

Immediately he identified areas that needed to change. And there are so many areas: high blood pressure, heart disease, pre-diabetes, depression and of course obesity. Vicious cycle.

Starting today I will be injecting myself with Saxenda to treat Type 2 diabetes. It just happens to also curb hunger and has shown to be valuable in weight loss. He also added a medical vitamin called PoDiaPN, which works on the nervous system. Something about folic acid and metabolism. It was a lot to take in. He did say something about mounting evidence that this could be valuable for someone like me.  

I go back in three weeks, when we get to see what was running around in the four tubes of blood extracted in his lab. Can I say how convenient it was to have onsite lab? I was the only person in line.

Until my next appointment it's on me to move forward. Three meals a day five to six hours apart, no snacking (handful of almonds, spoonful of peanut butter if necessary), no food after last meal, protein for breakfast (no toast). And mild exercise.

Can I do it? I believe I can.


4 comments:

paulblog said...

You can do this!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, honey.

John Stickney said...

You totally can do this

Anonymous said...

Thanks johnny