Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Goodbye, Tex



Yesterday we had to say goodbye to our dearest Tex.  She was only 9 years old but had been sick for awhile.  We just didn't know how really sick she was until an unforgiving cancer tumor was discovered in her lung.  It was all too apparent her struggle to stay alive was becoming unbearable, even though she didn't complain. Our wonderful vet Dr. Riley and his staff at the Animal Hospital in Arlington gently guided us through the difficult process of putting her down.

Tex was our granddog.  She first was adopted by Andrea in her junior year of college.  Andrea raised her the first 2 years, Paul and I had the last 7 years.  She really became my dog.  Followed me everywhere. We had a special bond that dates to her first years.  I would visit Andrea at college and spend most of my time hanging with Tex.  One visit, the temperature had dipped below freezing and Andrea's apartment didn't have heat.  After Andrea left for school/work, Tex and I headed for the nearest motel - and heat!  When Andrea finally realized she couldn't care for a dog, I was the one who "rescued" Tex.

We are heartsick right now, but also grateful for the time we had with this special little dog. 

Thank you Tex for your loyalty and companionship.  We won't foget you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet girl! She will be missed.
-Jenny