Thursday, June 17, 2010

who/what will I miss the most?

Sunday I leave for Montana and will be gone a few weeks. I wonder, who will I miss most?

Paul? He will say that he's going to be fine, but in reality, he will be soooo lonely. He'll probably sleep with some of my clothing or my pillow just for the scent of me. Just like he did for Mika when she went to behavior school. I guess I could hide my socks in several key locations for him to find while I am gone.

The dogs? I really considered taking Tex but she would HATE the long drive. She's right next to me now as I write this. Baxter isn't as cuddly, so I probably won't miss her as much as Tex or as much as Mika. Mika is going to be very confused and probably punish the other dogs as a result.

Addison? She's only 8 months and will probably forget me, or rather, when I come back she won't know who I am. I can't imagine that. I know I will miss some of her milestones too. As it is, between Andrea's and my work hours, I only see her once a week.

Andrea & Jack? As I said, between our work hours, we only see each other once a week. We do most of our communicating by phone and that won't change.

John or Jen or Michael? I didn't want to leave them out, but I don't see these guys but once a month for Jen and Michael and once every couple of months for John.

My home? My work?

I guess the purpose of this trip is to focus on my family in Montana, not the one in Texas or Rhode Island. I will miss all equally (except for Baxter as previously mentioned). But I won't be a sissy about it. Maybe it will even make me appreciate what I have even more than I do now - if that is possible.

No comments: