Sunday, May 9, 2010

A great day

Two great things happened today! Well maybe 3 if you consider having brunch with Addie. I love her. But the TWO things:

- My lump is shrinking. I can hold my arm normally for the first time since Thursday. It's still there, leaking, but I can move without feeling it. The unwanted object of my scorn and great pain has lost the battle. Pushing to the surface, it attempted to take me out. Burning. Throbbing. Stinging. Leaking tissue as it ruptured interior blood vessels pushing hard against the tender subcutaneous layer while tearing apart the fragile dermis. Final destination: epidermis and freedom. (I'm practicing for this summer's writer's workshop). Too much?

- We saw the neighborhood fox this morning!!! Can you believe that? Me, Paul, Addie, Andrea and Jack were in the same vehicle, turning onto our street from Virginia. Andrea was driving, Paul sitting behind her and they both saw it cross the street in front of the car. Andrea said at first she thought "that's the biggest squirrel I've ever seen." I can't make that up. Sure enough, we all got to see it. Beautiful, beautiful creature. Went for a walk with camera hoping to see it again. Nope. It was exciting.

Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: