Wednesday, June 7, 2017

It's gonna be ok

I heard this morning that bars were opening early tomorrow in D.C. for the spectacle of watching former FBI Director James Comey testify before a Senate committee about what Trump did or did not say.

They are calling it a kind of Super Bowl. 

I, too, am excited about the prospect of Trump being creamed. I worry, however, that it could be like last year's actual Super Bowl. The Atlanta Falcons all but beating Tom Brady's Patriots. It was really a done deal. Until the Patriots came back and changed what we thought was history.

The lesson for me is that tomorrow's super bowl may not have the happy ending I seek. But that is OK. I am patient. I can wait for Trump's crushing defeat because I know it's coming, just as I know the sun will rise tomorrow. It's coming.

But say for sake of argument that it doesn't happen. I can live with that, too.

You see I met the most amazing millennial today.  I can't reveal too much other than to say good is winning over evil. Maybe not at the ballot box, but most certainly in every day life. I saw and heard for my own eyes and ears. This young woman, unknown to most everyone, is making remarkably unselfish choices. She has chosen the well being of someone else over her own comfort. She has placed love of other over love of self. And in such an organic and authentic way. As you hear her story, each piece fits so smoothly that at the end of the conversation you are entranced by the grace of this lovely woman. 

And inspired and grateful and ... yes, encouraged that it's going to be ok.

Love indeed trumps hate every time.

No comments: