Saturday, March 22, 2014

I'm being stalked

I'm being stalked.  I feel their eyes upon me, watching my every move.  Worst part is I know my stalkers and I am helpless to make them stop.

Since Paul left town on business 48 hours ago, his two border collies, Mika and Sam, won't leave me alone.


I sit, they sit.  I stand, they stand.  I move, they move.  Right now, as I write this, they are staring at me.  Sam is waiting for me to pick up a tennis ball, which I am about to do right now.  Be right back.

I chunked it in the pool so I can finish this blog.  Sam will not move from her position until the ball floats to within reach.  Then she will be back.  Mika has now split her time between watching me and Sam.  A welcome reprieve.


All this gives me insight into Paul's psyche.  He needs and loves attention.  And unconditional love and loyalty.  And throw in a little master worship.  Mika and Sam certainly give all that and, honestly, I should be flattered that I am proxy master in Paul's absence.  I guess I am.
Here comes Sam.  Gotta go throw some tennis balls. 




No comments: