Sunday, February 27, 2011

Super-special and wonderful little girl




Addie is going to be a big sister in August. Like her mother, she will likely feel conflicted about sharing even a fraction of the attention she now gets.  I am reminded of a poem by the wonderful late Shel Silverstein:

My mom says I'm her sugarplum.
My mom says I'm her lamb.
My mom says I'm completely perfect
Just the way I am.
My mom says I'm a super-special wonderful
terrific little guy.
My mom just had another baby.
Why?

So, so true. I am confident Addie will learn tobe the best big sister ever... just like her mom did (minus stuffing a sock into her sister's mouth). 

1 comment:

JohnStick said...

Addison is cute. Mika is, too. Andrea was a mean kid to her siblings. I am sure Addison will be the opposite, though. Sibling Bullying skips a generation. Funny that they will be almost exactly the same age difference as Jenny and Andrea, though.