Monday, June 1, 2015

Hello, Day 2

Not much to report about Day 1.  Beautiful day to drive 600 miles.  New Mexico begs a return.  On my bucket list.  A little more than a third of the way to my final destination.

Speaking of which, there's a sniper working the area of interstate I am set to travel today.  Northern Colorado, I25, Fort Collins area.  Not sure how one prepares for that.  I know many would say pray, but that doesn't work for me.  Instead of praying that the force be with me, I will acknowledge the odds are with me.

My heart does go out to the poor family who lost a son, brother and father last week, gunned down by this sniper as he rode his motorcycle.  He has broken many car windows and also hit, but did not hurt, a 20 year old woman. 

My best hope is the poor soul - the shooter - has gotten help.  He/she has realized that living out a demented dream has become more a personal nightmare. 

No comments: