Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Road trip!!


I am heading up north again to visit family in Montana.  Driving 3,000 plus miles there and back.  It's a route I've done several times and it gets easier, not harder, as I age.  Why?  Technology. 

This trip will be the first in my new Jeep.  The options for entertainment are a thousand times improved from my previous car and a million times improved from the old days when cassette tapes were considered a remarkable and appreciated companion on long trips.  I hit the road later this week with Bluetooth, satellite radio, and plugin/chargers for all kinds of gadgets.  No need even for an old school CD player, which my new car doesn't have anyway.   

The trip will likely begin with the soundtrack from Guardians of the Galaxy by way of an app on my car's entertainment system.  I will at some time switch to talk radio on Sirius XM, then more music from one of my Pandora stations, followed by a podcast, maybe a segment of NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. I haven't picked out an audio book yet for the trip, but that also is in the works. 

There also will be moments of silence.  During which I likely will contemplate what to listen to next.








3 comments:

John Stickney said...

Suggestions for audiobooks: Amy Poehler's "yes, please", BJ Novak's "One more thing"

John Stickney said...

Sarah Silverman's bed wetter book is also a great read/listen

Unknown said...

all great suggestions