Friday, January 17, 2014

John Cornyn's radio ad makes me smile

Living in Texas it's fitting that campaign season and cedar pollen should arrive at about the same.  Both are intolerable.

Something that has helped - besides Allegra without D - is a comedy TV show called Alpha House, an Amazon Original series.  It's about a bunch of Republican senators sharing a house, hence Alpha House.  The show's political humor can be appreciated by all sides: left and right, north and south.

The show stars John Goodman, reason alone to love the series, but also features an incredible supporting cast that includes Haley Joel Osment (I see dead people), Kelly Ripa's husband, Wanda Sikes AND Bill Murray, who appears in the first and last episodes.

I know this show is helping me through campaign season because I didn't want to kill myself after listening to a John Cornyn radio ad.  It actually made me smile.  Almost laugh.  It sounded like it belonged to one of the characters on my new favorite show Alpha House.  I swear it felt like I was listening to comedy.

Alas, the first season already has ended.  Oh well.  As an antidote to the uber conservative Texas campaigns, I feel it will be fine to watch a second time - or as often as indicated.   



No comments: